Job Number: 936
Pay Rate: 15.00
Position CDL Class A Bus Driver positions (Passenger endorsement)
Pay: $15.00 (Bi-Weekly)
Full time: 40+ hours a week (overtime available)
Benefits: Vacation, Holiday pay, health insurance and life insurance
Schedule: Monday through Saturday (No Sundays) Shifts vary according to the bus routes. (Routes start at 5am and end at 8pm or later) Will talk about schedules and times when interviewing
- Monitor the safe loading and unloading of passengers.
- May operate vehicle power wheelchair lifts and ramps. (may have to secure bikes)
- Maintain all reports: DOT records, logs, mileage, and pertinent information for the vehicle’s operation
- Performs vehicle maintenance, makes minor repairs, fuels up vehicles and cleans vehicles(time, routes)
- Conducts safety checks of vehicles before departure for service and at regular intervals and after transit service.
- Secures and protects passengers and ADA passengers on mobility devices.
- Work assigned routes given by the manager
- May assist in performing transit work
- May train others
- Must have a Class A CDL license with passenger endorsement
- Knowledge of motor vehicle operations, of passenger loading and unloading methods, traffic rules and regulations
- Knowledge of the Federal State Department of Transportation regulations and maintenance of motor vehicles
- Must obey traffic laws and to follow loading and unloading passengers, prepare accurate records to communicate effectively and to train others.
- Must have at least 6 months experience driving experience with passenger endorsement
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds if needed
Work Dress code: Pants and shirts and enclosed shoes
- Must have a current DOT Medical examiners card. (Cannot be expiring within 6 months)
- Must have a driver’s training certificate from training or transportation agencies
- Must have a valid Texas Commercial driver’s license with passenger endorsement