Category: Accounting, Information Technology
Job Number: 895
Pay Rate: 20.50
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manages and oversees report writing requests as well as serve as the lead to transfer reports from current system platforms to Banner and/or established platforms.
- Analyzes and creates reports to support the maintenance of Finance and Administrative Services records, audits, and tracking, as needed.
- Assists with reporting for a wide variety of routine and ad-hoc needs using system programs, including but not limited to report writer programs (Argos, Toad, or Oracle SQL Developer), and MS Excel and Access.
- Assists with all aspects of the enterprise resource planning (ERP) software and other application project research, comparisons, analysis, and implementations.
- Assists with setting up, configuring, and ensuring automated reports occur reliably
- Performs daily activities related to the regular maintenance of all data systems for the department.
- Creates and analyzes monthly metrics taking initiative to visualize and analyze the data and recommend process efficiency improvements.
- Assists with project planning, scheduling, communication and implementation of activities and is responsible for the management of software systems and tools.
- Actively participates in the division’s information technology system projects and in the analysis, implementation and testing phases as well as eventual maintenance and support; ensures timely completion.
- Maintains an inventory of information technology system projects and prepares project descriptions, notes, reports, and workflows.
- Participates in the search process for new systems and software; maintains ad hoc solutions until new products are implemented.
- Maintains an inventory of information technology systems and modules utilized by the Finance and Administrative Services division departments, including budgets and costs of each.
- Works with the division’s systems staff to improve and/or automate current processes related to the department's databases, software programs, and systems.
- Collaborates with other functions and business systems related topics.
- Collaborates with the division’s systems staff to build strong interdepartmental relationships in order to ensure requirements and considerations are being incorporated into long-term plans as well as day to day services.
- Reviews, creates, develops, and maintains website(s)
- Provides training support to all levels of system users, as needed.
- Develops training materials and assists with or conducts end-user training sessions.
- Assists with creating, reviewing and updating manuals, procedures, flowcharts and related user documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, the Windows environment, and internet research skills.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and complete multiple tasks with attention to detail, with state deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player within department and with others.
- Ability to speak effectively to groups or employees, apply practical understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.