Job Number: 888
Pay Rate: 12.00
- The CMA performs technical nursing duties and provides direct assistance to the Medication Clinic Nurses and Clinicians (MD/APN), under the supervision of the MH Medication Clinic Supervisor.
- May require being reassigned to other Medication Clinics whenever needed.
- Performing a variety of patient care activities including but not limited to; obtaining and recording of vital signs, preparing client health record needed by the Clinicians in their day to day activities,
- Ensuring that request for services and diagnostic forms are up to date
- Notify appropriate staff whenever necessary, drawing blood samples and other Med Clinic related activities.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED. One (1) year experience in the clinical setting preferred.
- Graduate from an approved practical or vocational school with a licensed to practice as a Certified Medical Assistant in the State of Texas.
- Must possess general clerical skills including the ability to operate various computer software packages and copy and fax machines; typing and filing; and answering phones and directing calls in a courteous and professional manner.