Job Number: 886
Pay Rate: 12.00
Pay: $12.00 to
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for performing clerical tasks and providing support to the primary care clinic team in the coordination of specialty fund requests and closed loop referrals.
- Will work closely with multidisciplinary care team, patient, and fiscal, and will work under the immediate supervision of the Clinic Program Supervisor.
- Process ROIs and record requests
- Monitor and documenting the status of all specialty fund referrals.
- Facilitate clear and timely communication of referral status and fund requests to treatment team.
- Maintain and update all electronic health records and documents appropriately
- Answer phones in a professional manner, take detailed messages, and/or direct calls to appropriate staff
- Organize documentation and payment to external providers and vendors and handling of receipt of goods
- In conjunction with treatment team, assess for and troubleshoot barriers to patient treatment adherence and provide follow up to facilitate closed loop referral process
- Participates in team meetings and staffing
- Complete other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must have Diploma or GED from a Texas approved school
- One (1) year experience in the clerical field
- Insurance verification experience preferred
- Must be able to type at least 30 wpm
- Must possess general clerical skills including the ability to operate various computer software packages, copy and fax machines; typing and filing
- Answering phones and directing calls in a courteous and professional manner