Job Number: 880
Pay Rate: 10.00
Pay: 10.00 per hour
City: Mission, Texas
- Monday - Friday
- 8 am – 5 pm (rarely the weekends – unless it’s an absolute emergency)
- Prepare apartments for new residents.
- Make repairs in apartments of current residents.
- Perform routine maintenance in and around the community.
- Regularly treat for weeds, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, spread mulch/woodchips/stones, trim shrubs and hedges, cut down and remove tree limbs as needed, and perform other lawn care services as necessary.
- Advise Community Manager or Maintenance Supervisor of residents who do not properly dispose of their excess garbage or have large/bulk items that may require pickup arrangements.
- Perform regular inventories of maintenance and grounds equipment and supplies to advise Community Manager of equipment and supply needs.
- Maintain all maintenance and grounds equipment to keep it clean and cared for.
- Perform seasonal pre-maintenance service on a timely basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of maintenance experience, preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, appliance repairs, HVAC, and carpentry.
- May need to provide own tools.
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist, walk continuously, and access restricted spaces.
- Ability to operate maintenance equipment and other equipment.
- Ability to lift or to move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to efficiently perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to various chemical compounds.
Dress code: Jeans, T-shirt, and closed toed shoes.
Bilingual: Does not have to be bilingual
Work Environment: apartment complexes for elderly